Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Brunch/Lunch ideas

When the girls are at School and Cam's at Creche, I get the house to myself. It doesn't happen as often as I'd like but one of my favourite things to do is cook myself up something yummy. There are no interruptions in the kitchen or kids begging puppy-eyed for something off my plate. It doesn't take me 45 minutes to do a 10 minute job. It's just me and I can cook and eat in peace.

So this is what I've been making myself over the last few weeks. Usually I just raid the fridge, get out my Stainless Steel Fry-pan and Coconut oil and cook up whatever leftovers I can find with some eggs and often Bacon. Oh Bacon, how I love thee...

Tomato Eggs Benedict, with Mushrooms, Ham, Spinach and Capsicum Pesto.

Mmm look at that Egg!

Mixed plate, I love eating like this. So do the kids, will often do them something similar for breakfast.

Leftover Red Jacket Potatoes, fried up with Chilli Powder, Mushrooms, Bacon, Eggs and Spinach.

Same as above but with Orange Kumara, Cumin and Herbs and a fried Egg.

Salmon and Caper scramble with Parsley and Pepper.

Leftover Carrot and Parsnip mash fried up with Mushrooms, Bacon, Avocado  and Basil Pesto.
So, what's your favourite lunch? Are you keen to try any of the ideas above?

Kate =)

6 comments:

  1. So have you found any health benefits from paleo now that you've been doing it for a wee while?

    - more energy?
    - weight loss?


    Curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cass!The biggest benefit I've found is from cutting grains. They clearly didn't agree with me. I feel lighter and have more energy.I wasn't trying to lose weight but I did lose a kilo in the first two weeks, I think mostly bloating from the grains! I've since put that back on, have been a bit slack on the exercise this week and I think that is key. This is a higher fat diet than what I was eating before and I think you can't sit on your butt and eat bacon 3 times a week without paying for it somewhere.

      Delete
  2. mmmm yummm.... Parsnip and Carrot mash :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good right! It's even better the next day when you reheat it in the pan with the bacon juices!

      Delete
  3. Nom, nom, nom!!!! Those photos and those lunches look a.maz.ing!!!!! With found like that, who would ever want to eat bland, tasteless, beige grains again!!

    ReplyDelete